Thursday, May 23, 2013

Beginning the Church Nursery Makeover

Remember my last post where I told you a group of ladies and I get to makeover the church nursery?

Well we’ve started!

First we went in and tore down all the border….actually I did that part during Sunday School! (shhh…don’t tell) :0)

See….border be gone!  :0)


Jim, my friend Gina’s hubby, came in and fixed a couple of bad spots on the walls with some joint compound…also know as drywall mud.


The walls had cracked from floor to ceiling where there had been a partition there at some point.  He put on a coat of dry wall mud, then some felt drywall tape.  He proceeded to do three light coats of mud, letting it dry between coats.  Then he just sanded it down, making sure to feather out the edges. Now they’re nice and smooth and ready for paint!  Yay!

I also went shopping and bought some canvases for some artwork for one wall. I’ll show you what I did with them in the next post! 


I found this cute clock for another wall at Big Lots for only $12.00!  The clock we had was a Looney Tunes one that would talk every time the clock struck on the hour……honestly it freaked me out every time I had nursery! lol  Thankfully this one is nice and quiet. :0)


Next post I’ll show you what I did with those canvases!




Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Getting that border down is a big first step! Looking forward to more!

Leave It To Davis said...

This is exciting! Can't wait for the next post!

Cindy said...

Good riddance border! This is gonna be fun watching you redo the nursery! I can safely watch from waaaay over here, without having to do any work! smile... Can't wait to see what's next!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...