I came across these cooking tip and ideas and thought I would share them with you...some I've never heard before! So here we go!
1. If you peel a banana from the bottom, you won't have to peel off any of those stringy things. (monkeys peel them this way) :)
2. Store your uneaten chunks of cheese in foil, it keeps longer and mold doesn't grow nearly as fast.
3. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating.
Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
4 For a great brownie treat, bake brownies as directed. Melt mint chocolate patties in a double boiler and pour over brownies...let cool and enjoy a minty chocolately icing!
5 Re-heat pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove over medium low heat....no more microwave soggy crust!
6. When you make deviled eggs, put the yokes in a plastic zip lock and smoosh them up, add the rest of your favorite deviled egg ingredients....ie mayo, paprika etc, mix in bag, cut off corner and squeeze into egg and throw the bag away. No clean up!
7. Place a cup of water in your microwave when re-heating refridgerated pancakes, bread & biscuits. The added moisture will keep your food moister and will also help it reheat faster.
8. When you plant new plants, add layers of newspapers around them, then wet and mulch over the paper...no weeds! :)
9. Put a dryer sheet in your pocket and it will keep mosquitos away!
10. Sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper to keep squirrels away.
11. Pin a small safety pin in the seam of clothes with static clean and walla...static cling is gone!
12. If you need to measure something sticky in a measuring cup, fill it with HOT water first, then dump the water out without drying...then measure and then watch how easily your ingredients slide out.
13. Use hair conditioner to shave your legs...it's cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth, plus it's a good way to use any conditioner you bought for your hair that you didn't like.
14. If you seal an envelope and realize you need to get back into it, stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours and it will open right up with very little effort. :)
15. When you buy frosting in the tubs from the grocery store, whip it with your mixer for a couple of minutes and you'll get more frosting from the air that gets incorporated into it by the mixer. ( You can also add some powdered sugar to make it go even farther....about 1/2 cup)
16. If you have leftover snickers bars (maybe from halloween candy) chop them up and add them to a few peeled, cored and sliced apples.....bake at 350degrees for 15 minutes and YUMMO! Serve alone or with ice cream. :)
17. Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light garlic taste, add it at the end if you want a stronger garlic taste.
18. To make scrambled eggs or omelets richer, add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese or heavy cream before mixing.
19. Add a teaspoon of water to ground beef when frying, it will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
20. MY FAVORITE tip is when you buy aluminum foil or plastic wrap, look at the ends of the box. There are little perforated places on each end you can push in to keep your rolls inside the box! Who knew! :)
Hope you enjoyed my tips and tricks!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Cool cooking tips & ideas!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Missy....Hope you are keeping cool this afternoon! It was a very sweltering garage sale morning! I got a few nice things for some good deals! I have heard about a few of these tips...some of them are really good! The brownie one especially...lol.~Hugs, Patti
I always do newspapers around my plants. These are great tips!
Never heard som of these!! Bookmarking for future reference!! Beeee Good, Rhonda
What good tips you've given us. I will be trying some of them. Off to check the foil and film boxes now!
Awesome tips there Martha! ;-)
OH, there's one last tip....keep your plastic wrap in the freezer and it won't "fight" with you when you need to use it....the cold temps takes the static out of the plastic wrap, but it will still cling to your bowl. :)
Thanks for all of these wonderful tips! I'll have to print them out so I can remember them.
These are wonderful tips. I already knew some and will be sure to use the others. Thanks for sharing.
Love these tips! So many of them I didn't know about.
Post a Comment